Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mid Week Reflections

RUNNING

This morning I ran a little bit over 9 miles.  I did not run yesterday, had an early morning flight to catch for a 1 day business trip.  I thought about waking up at 4:30 instead of 5:00 and getting in at least a short run, but thought better of it.  I'm still in the building stage.

I did weights at the Y on Monday instead of running.  I haven't been there in such a long time and we were thinking of cancelling the membership there.  The kids barely go especially now that Tae Kwon Do has moved from being held in the Y.  Jenny works out at Flex One (when she has a chance to).  I have some weights at home but like to lift heavy sometimes.  The heaviest we have at home is 25 lb dumbbells.

Tuesday I ran a little over 10 miles by myself. Running weather has been incredible.

Adjusting

This has been a week of adjusting.  Our remaining dog, Sammy, for the first time in his life does not have other dogs around.  He was fostered on a farm which took care of something like 25 dogs or so.  He didn't have the best care there, but was around a lot of dogs.  When we got him, he was very hot from infections including a couple different kinds of worms.   Since then, he has lived with his two "sisters".  He had one dog to push around (Chelsea), but for whom he also looked out for.  Kind of an odd relationship from a human perspective.

We lost Chelsea toward the end of September.  Now, Barbie has passed also.  Monday was his first day "alone".   No dogs around, Andy off to school, Jenny off to work, then Thomas and I off to school and work until Jenny is able to come home again.  Repeat Tue, Wed, Thu.

One of the few certainties in life is that things will change, we can either adjust and move forward or do nothing and see how that works out for us (probably not very good).

Jenny's advice to help Sammy move forward - lots of walks!  I think I will definitely listen to that one.

GOOD LUCK JENNY

At the Savannah Rock n Roll Marathon!!  Her sixth marathon unless you count the 50K that she did (not sure what the "rules" are on that one, certainly counts to me).

No time goal for this race, but a lot of good things can happen over the course of 26.2 miles.

I'll be running Saturday morning at some of the same times while she is running and will have my phone with me eagerly awaiting text alert updates.    I remember doing this for her first half marathon in Disney, it's exciting when you hear the text sound, stop look and see where she's at.

2 comments:

  1. I like the advice for moving forward - lots of walks! works for people too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your dogs. Good luck helping Sammy adjust.

    ReplyDelete