Thursday, October 20, 2011

Going Live?

This blog was kind of a crazy idea. What difference could it make? I've been blogging for years now, and I wanted this to be a different kind of blog.

I've taken down my automatic posting of my FRB blog as I felt it was coming across as very repetitive, and put up a link to this blog on Facebook.

As for today's run, basically it was a good decent run with much to be thankful for. Running with Jenny and Chris is always an interesting experience. Jenny is still kind of in recovery mode from the 50K and is on the verge of tapering for her marathon. Chris is in good spirits and is feeling ready for his marathon which he'll probably run some or all with Jenny.

I wasn't sure what I felt like running today, probably something around 6 miles? But, when Chris wanted to do more, I was more than happy to go along. I like being able to go along for the ride. It's a good and a bad quality. Sometimes you've got to be the driver, but when someone needs a passenger I'm more than happy to fulfill that role!

Another way of looking at it is thinking about Dumbledore in Chamber of Secrets when he said, "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it" - just substitute "at Hogwarts" with "to runners". Kind of dorky to quote Dumbledore, but it just popped into my mind.

So, I am thankful for my wife who understands running and runners because she is one, for friends who show up and help pull you along, for the cooler weather we had today, for health and the ability to run, and much, much more!

So, I guess I should "Go Live" and share this blog with everyone who might be interested, before it becomes a big deal that I haven't told anyone about this blog.

I just didn't want to make a big deal out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment