Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Second Entry (I won't make this a habit)

I know I said I was not going to post here everyday but I felt like it today. I had more imagined posting about weekend long runs or races, or any other sort of momentous occasions or maybe a week in review type post.

But, anyway, ran with a good sized group starting out this morning - Jenny, Lisa, Kathryn, and Jamie. It was a bit humid and a lot of people were feeling kind of bleh. I was feeling pretty good and but was very happy to be running with such a nice group.

We did the usual route, but Jenny, Lisa, and Kathryn turned back after the water stop. I was going to go farther by myself but Jamie said she wasn't going to cut her run short since she was out here. So, we ran together to the light and did the last gated neighborhood by the light, headed back to the neighborhood. Chatted a bit while heading back around the neighborhood loop and ended up with just over 8 miles. Not feeling beaten up at all.

I want to "focus", or rather try not to focus on always enjoying the run, but run easy and shorter on a lot of days and when the opportunity to run with others who are running far, take that opportunity. There will be some days when I want to do a "hard" run, but if I've run the easy runs truly easy and fun and for the love of running, then the "hard" days will be more productive and satisfying.

Jenny had a short slot of time open this morning, so, if I really needed her to take Thomas to school she could have. But, I didn't have anything at work that couldn't wait so I biked him today. Before that we worked on some homework and hung out a bit. I also got in some upper body weights:
  • 3 x 25 push-ups w/ perfect push-up*, suppersetted with:
  • 3 x 6 pull-ups with 20 lb dumbbell between my knees for extra weight
  • 3 x10 shoulder presses w/ 25 lb dumbbells, supersetted with:
  • 3 x10 bicep curls
  • 1 x 10 single leg squats w/ 25 lb dumbbells, each side
There were so many mornings when I could have been more efficient and gotten into work early when I had a chance but was slow going and not motivated to move. Now, that I don't always have the ability to get in early it makes all those times in the past seem like a big waste. Water under the bridge and all that, but learn something and try not to forget the lesson!

Right now, listening to "Dope Nose" by Weezer - aka, the falling down the stairs song

No comments:

Post a Comment